What is your view on chistianity?
Are you christian?
If yes/no why?
Do you believe religon is just a way for people to controll you?
What is your view on gays? Does god really send them to hell?
What are the unforgivable sins?
Is god black or white? Male or female (RAINBOW HERMAPHRODITE!!)
What language does god speak?
Does god help people?
Answer these or your own questions. Just any information on other peoples views would be refreshing.
1.) It's the heart not the religion.
2.) I'm Catholic, but generally anyone who believes in God is a Christian, right?
3.) ---uhm... lol; Well, I was raised a Catholic, and as I got older, I was presented with the choice that everyone is presented with... I made the choice to believe in God.
4.) No. Ultimately, you should be in control of yourself, and if you're not, then you should be.
5.) I think I'm more open-minded than most Catholics on this topic, but for one thing, I don't hate gays and I don't think they're damned. As previously stated, whether you go to heaven or hell or purgatory (or whatever you'd like to call the inbetween) I think that is based on your heart, your actions, and who you are as a person.
6.) No sin is unforgivable. But if you mean the seven deadly sins, then...well...all I could tell you is there are seven, and I don't think I can name them all off the top of my head.
7.) God is infinite.
8.) How to interpret this question? Hmm..well, ultimately, God will speak to in the way that He knows you'll understand Him. But generally, I believe that He speaks the language of the Holy Spirit.
9.) God will help people on His time. If they ask, and if they meet him half way.
Since this is a religious discussion, I thought I'd share something that my mom told me...
Once, when she was at work, a guy asked her: "If God exists, why doesn't he do something to help all the starving people?"
And she said: "He did. He made you and me and everyone else to help one another."
Ah ha! As my status said I was looking for a thread to entertain me till bed (Yes that rhymed!). XD I have found it.
1) Christainity is a religion like any other. It has its nut jobs but mostly its good peeps trying to make sense of the world.
2) I am a flexible Christian. My mother and grandmother are Christian so it's kinda genetic I guess O.o. BUT I don't think that the other religions are wrong so I mix and match. It's like the tye dye of religion muhaha.
3) Yes and no on the control thing. Undoubtably some smart people have used it to control people for things like cults or just to have society have some sembalance of order. But there are those that truly believe.
4) I'm all for the gays. I don't believe God would send them to hell if he made them that way it would seem counterproductive.
5) Unforgivable sins I"m guessing the seven deadly sins.
6) I think god can shapeshift. He/she can be whatever color or gender they like.
7) It's God. He/she invented all the languages. Muhaha.
8) Yes god does help some people.
Beware my caffiene rush if I sound like an oddball. Cheers!
Not a christian. I'm an atheist.
I don't "hate" christians, like many believe about atheism...
But I do agree with Ghandi and his quote "I do not like your christians, they are not christ like."
But there are good ones like Silverrose up there who don't fall into that general quote IMHO.
yeah, later religions adopted "holy" and now it's a watered down term.. same thing with "amen"
but that'll happen considering the english language is so wonky
I just called birthers "inbred" on my facebook page... That's getting attention.. lol