Whether you're working in home inspection careers or simply want to double check your home yourself before an official inspector comes to see, it's important to know what to look for. In a home, there are so many items to look for that it can be overwhelming, but there are some key features to keep your eyes peeled for. Here are a few of those things.
- Look for gaps around doors and windows that could symbolize a shift in the foundation.
- Make sure there are no branches that may let critters into your attic or any bushes up against the house. The bushes may cause mildew to grow.
- Next time it rains, check the attic for leaks or cracks.
- If a door or window is jamming, it could signify a shift in the foundation.
- If the stair railings are loose, it could cause a potential danger to anyone using them for balance.
- Water stains on celings or walls could signify a leak. They also could mean there is mold and mildew in the home.
What else should you look for?