Landscaping can be a variety of things, including gardening. Instead of planting flowers and shrubs, however, what about planting something you could actually use? HGTV came up with a fun idea for a pizza garden. Not only do you grow ingredients you can use in a real pizza, but the shape of the garden looks like the favorite food itself. The project is easy and only requires a few steps.
- First you'll need to get these veggies and design an area big enough for them to grow.
- tomato: at least 2 feet; for larger varieties, 2-1/2 feet
- bell pepper: 12 to 15 inches
- onions: 4 to 5 inches apart
- basil, rosemary: 15 to 18 inches
- thyme, oregano: 10 to 12 inches
- Then install the edges. A metal structure works well for the outline and using wooden planks separate the "slices."
- Pick the section you want to drop the plants and with one hand, gently grasp the main stems of each plant, and with the other hand, tip the container upside down and gently squeeze or shake the container until the plant is released.
- Maintain the garden much like any other, with water and sunlight. Support will be needed for the tomato plants after they reach a certain height.
Would you try this activity?