With technology being such a prevelant part of our lives, some pieces of technology can get lost in the shuffle. No longer can you answer every single email you recieve or remember you even got a text message until hours later when you check it again. With that being said, letting some technological reminders pass you by is okay. CNN listed some behaviors that we may feel bad about, but if it was really important - they would have called.
- You forget to answer an e-mail: We get dozens of e-mails every day and between the junk mail, the forwareded funnies, and the neighborhood bulletins, we can forget to respond to the one important one. If it was truly that important you would have gotten a phone call.
- You don't accept someone's friendship or follow them back: We use social media to keep others up to date on our lives and sometimes when we log on, we're simply posting a picture of our cat or checking in at that hot new restaurant. We don't always have time to go through our notifications and we may miss that friend request. If they're really your friend in person, having it immediately show up on Facebook doesn't matter.
- Calling someone back without listening to their message: If you see you have a missed call from your grandma and you don't listen to her message first, it's okay. The fact that you called her back is good enough. Chances are, she'll tell you the same story about her colonoscopy that she left on the message anyways.
- You quietly unfriend someone: If someone is getting on your nerves from posting one too many political statuses or you realize you haven't talked to them since third grade, you can unfriend them without causing a scene. If you don't bring it to their attention, chances are they won't notice.
- You don't respond to a text when there's no question: Not everything requires a response. If the person on the other end simply says "k" or "lol" there's no reason you need to say something back.
As a student in information techology school, do you have any other bad tech habits that you think are okay?