Not sure if this is the forum where I'm supposed to post my lesson 12 on a good and bad website.
Since I'm in the educational field, I'm constantly looking at college and school websites, and I have chosen www.lawtonps.org as my good website. This website is good for the following reasons:
1. Easily navigable links that will lead you to different departments and areas within the Lawton Public School system.
2. Text and image links that help enhance the website.
3. Easy to read information.
4. The process funnel and layout of the website is very attractive and takes you through the web pages and links with ease.
5. Many areas of interests for all stakeholders (i.e. community, industry, parents, students, staff, etc...)
6. Allows viewers to go to any page without going through a channel or process.
7. The website makes it clear on all its postings.
8. Provides additional documents and links to be able to jump to another related web site or link without leaving the lawtonps.org web page.
The following web page I have chosen as my bad website is www.cameron.edu. This website is bad for the following reasons:
1. Not easily navigable to get around trying to find specific items. (i.e. syllabus, transcript request forms, etc...)
2. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
3. There are too many links that make the process funnel too difficult.
4. Has old information and outdated documents that are not constantly update as changes are made to the documents.
5. Too many links.
6. On the drop down menu bar, there is a "more" link at the bottom which makes it very difficult and too lenghthy if they can't get all the links on the drop down menu bar.
7. It's difficult reading some of the text. The contrast of the colors are not coordinated in a way to make the page readable.
8. The entire website if overwhelming!
I'm not sure where to look for the critiques on these two websites.